Monday, December 31, 2012

More Turned Taquete

I thought i would continue with some pictures of my tie/beam process.You can see that the ends are bundled into 1 inch sections i attach 2 sections onto the leaders with a larks head knot(my sectional beam is in 2 inch increments) 


Next, I tie onto the front apron rod. This is where I adjust the tension and get my warp nice and even. Note the old repurposed broom stick. It is made of hard wood, and other than being a bit bulky going over the front beam at the beginning of my project it has never given me any trouble.

When the tension is as good as i can get it,this is how the back looks. This colorful waterfall of cotton is a thing of beauty!

And here is the turned taquete! I love how beautifully square this is weaving :)

Here is a close up of the weave structure. It is just lovely :) For the weft  I'm using a slightly greyed blue called "heather" from valley yarns. This color combo is ok, but I would like more contrast and the colors are a little "muddy" The next towel I plan to try a deeper more saturated color and see what that produces.

And finally a parting shot of the current view from my loom.Traditionally we pack up our Christmas decorations on New Years day,so today is the last day to admire our beautiful Christmas tree. Out with the old and in with the new :)

May God bless you and send you a happy new year!



1 comment:

  1. I knew the towels would be beautiful and they are!
    Happy New Year!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete