Monday, September 17, 2012

playing around with overshot



Here is the Juliet 2 draft woven as written. i'm just playing around with this draft. i wanted to use up some of this 5/2 uki cotton from another project. The green is called "evergreen" and the golden yellow is "champaign". Isn't this overshot pattern pretty? I like it! it's fairly easy, but the treadling pattern is long enough that i'm not bored. Next i plan to use up some wine colored cotton. i also need to work on the selvages. The green thread is leaving little bumps. I'll be sewing this fabric into little pincushions,so the edges really won't matter.  On the other hand, i want to produce the best quality my skill level is capable of. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. that's gorgeous :-)

    I've always fancied having a go at overshot on my big-old treadle loom back home, but I've never gotten round to it. I always end up finding myself messing about with interchanging double weave on the college dobbies instead

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete